Monday, November 4, 2013

Assignment 7

Assignment 7  

1. Go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/new-fantasyland/ and look around it a little bit. Now go to http://www.byteland.org/angeloflife. Now why do you think the .com website is more exciting than the .org website? 

I think that the .com website is more exciting than the .org website, because it is much more commercial.   The .com website contained pictures, animations, and even videos. On the other hand, the .org website barley had any pictures, and it was more like an adult webpage. It was talking about a nonprofit organization and how you could help with different things. The Disney webpage engaged and caught my attention much faster than the .org website. 
 


2. Why do you think the Disney website has more hyperlinks, advertisements, and other distracting options to click on?

I believe that the Disney website has more hyperlinks, because it's more of a commercial website. The hyperlinks help the website catch people's eye faster. They have advertisements that take you to other pages to buy certain things. Also, all the advertisements support the website, entertaining the viewers.  However, the nonprofit organization website, is plain, and boring. It only explains what it is, and shows you some examples of how you could help.
 

3. If you had to construct/create your own webpage from the beginning, what would you want it to be about and why?

If I had to create my own webpage I would do it on childhood cancer. It would be about how people can help raise awareness or money to help find a cure. I would do it on this, because when I grow up I want to be a Pediatric Oncologist. This interests me, seeing that everyday a child dies from cancer, and it would be my dream to stop this from happening. 


4. How many programmers do you think would have to work with you to make your website possible? Would it seem impossible to construct/create a webpage by yourself? Why? 

To make my website possible I don't think I would need many programmers. It would be tedious and it would take lots of hard work, but if I dedicate myself to it i think I could accomplish it. The programmers that could be useful would be people who actually work in that profession as of today. Also, other people who have the passion to help sick children beat the odds against cancer. 


5. What would you want to name your website? Type that name into the web-address bar, is it taken already? 

www.helpbeatchildhoodcancer.com


6. Explain why webpages with flash videos, images, and color take longer to load than pages with only text?


Webpages with videos, and images take much longer to load than pages with only text. This is because it has a more complex system. When it's simple, it processes the information faster, causing the webpage to load quickly. On the other hand, when it has lots of color, it complicates and slows down the speediness of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment